Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pirate Monkeys

I love this fabric! I ordered some today for a baby quilt I'm making for my future nephew. Nothing says "baby" like monkeys dressed as pirates, that's for sure. Arrrr ...


I also ordered some red and white calico prints from fabric.com. I don't normally go for calicos, but I thought they might come in handy if anyone has a baby girl, or I feel compelled to inject a little "shabby chic" into my bedroom. Well, that probably won't happen, but I just liked the fabric and it was only $4.98 a yard (rationalizing alert!). And wouldn't it be cute as a dress for a little girl?

Speaking of little girls, Marc's friends just had twins a month or so ago. I'm in the process of making baby quilts for them, as well. They're both circus-themed, because when I bought the fabric I didn't know the sex of the babies, and mint green "gender neutral" fabric just doesn't do it for me. So, the quilts are bright, primary colors, with an emphasis on red.









No comments: