Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rites of Passage

So I finally did it - I sewed my finger with my Bernina. Although I was not seriously injured, it did bleed a lot and hurt like heck the next day. I was free-motion quilting and hit the side of my left pointer finger right next to the nail. The needle even broke! I feel like I've earned some sort of crafting badge. Is there a club for this sort of thing?




Here's the quilt I was working on when it happened. It was all worth it, though, when I gave it to my Grammy on Monday, and she was so thrilled! Here's a closer-up view of the quilt's chicken motif.

Another milestone represented by this quilt is that I've conquered my fear of binding! Yes, that's right. I don't need Leslie to walk me through it anymore, and I'm finished with doing it the wrong way just to have a binding. I'm so proud of myself! I found this tutorial to be most helpful.
And finally, I had another first this week when I put out my Halloween place mats. These are no ordinary place mats, my friends, because THESE place mats were actually completed more than a month before Halloween! This is the first time I have ever finished a seasonal project in time for use during the season for which it is intended!

No comments: