Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back to the Blog

I've been sewing (some), but I've been severely unmotivated to blog. Sometimes I have all these ideas in my head but I don't know what to talk about. Plus I just don't feel like getting out the camera and taking pictures of my progress. So I think I'll talk about other people's blogs.

Like the posting for easy fabric wreaths I saw in an e-mail newsletter from CraftStylish. They look incredibly fast, and the variations are endless! I might just have to make one.



OK, this one's not a blog, but...see what Martha Stewart can do with pipe cleaners!

I saw another fun blog the other day, but now I can't find it. Oh well.

My turn finally came up to take Amy Butler's book In Stitches out of the library. There are a few projects that look interesting, although a lot of it doesn't appeal to me. I might try making the CD holder for a Christmas gift (or two or three). I thought it would be good for those hard-to-buy-for guys who like computers. I could make them in masculine fabric and fill them with blank CDs. I recently bought a copy of Valori Wells' book Oh Sew Easy Lifestyle because there are quite a few projects that interest me.

Oh, I did finally finish Caroline's big-girl bed quilt--yay! And I even finished it before the bed came in. We ordered a bed a few weeks ago, only to find out this week that the manufacturer went belly-up. So we had to start over and pick something from another manufacturer, but I really liked the first one a lot. It was from the same company that made her bureau, and it was such an elegant design. Bummer. The alternative will be nice, though. It won't be in for about 8 weeks, which gives me plenty of time to make a coordinating pillow. I already cut it out during a quilting session with Jill last weekend.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! When am I going to find time to make all the holiday gifts I have in my head?? (This is when Miss Perfection needs a good talking-to from Miss Reality, but that doesn't usually happen until I'm good and stressed out, first.)

No comments: