Monday, November 3, 2008

Crafting Doldrums

For reasons that are not immediately apparent to me, I haven't been in the mood for crafting for several days now. I think it's my lack of dedicated sewing space. I have to drag all of my equipment up from the basement every time I want to sew, and it's kind of a pain.

Speaking of pain, I also hurt my back on Saturday, while chasing my nephew around. It was my own fault. I was bent over and running after him at Marshall's, and the awkward angle combined with the duration of running made something go awry at the base of my spine.

Bravely, however, I managed to meet Leslie afterwards at Trader Joe's for the grand opening of the first store in Rhode Island. As my friend Julie said when she called me from TJ's later that day, "You have no idea what's happening here unless you've already been here." She was right, but I had been, and knew what she meant. It's hard to explain the madness unless you had seen it for yourself. The shelves were looking empty, even after just 36 hours in business. It was like a feeding frenzy. Bags of Mandarin Orange Chicken were flying through the air, along with small children and packages of Trader Jose's enchiladas. Not for the faint of heart.

As for my crafting doldrums, I did receive my monkey-pirate fabric in the mail today, so perhaps I will be inspired after all. Ahoy mateys!

No comments: