Saturday, November 29, 2008

Crafting with a C(a-k-e)

Some crafts are edible. My edible craft was a very pink, very girly birthday cake for my sweet little 3-year-old.

I used Denise's chocolate cake recipe (really from Hershey's) and a new frosting recipe from King Arthur Flour. (Except I only used 2 sticks of butter, not 4!) Yum! I was pleased with the frosting. It tasted lighter and less sickeningly sweet than a typical sugar-and-butter recipe, yet didn't involve beating eggwhites over a double boiler.

Here's the birthday girl and her cousin, waiting patiently for their cake. Caroline had so much fun playing with her cousins. I love to watch them play.

I just have to add another photo of the three of them. I got lots of good pictures today! I guess that's what happens when I hand the camera over to my brother, who loves photography. Thanks Andres!

1 comment:

Jill B said...

Yum! What a delicious-looking cake! As always, I'm quite impressed with your baking ability.