Monday, September 15, 2008

Pain-lates and Cornhuskers


I decided tonight would be a good night to jump back into Pilates. I am now crawling back out of it. I think the last class I took was probably last winter, but hey, I work out regularly, I should've been able to get through it, which I did, but let's just say it wasn't pleasant. So on to the fun stuff - sewing! I've got a number of projects going at the moment, but the one that I most want to finish is Marc's Nebraska quilt. What is this, you ask? It's a rail fence quilt made with college football fabrics. University of Nebraska athletes are called the "Cornhuskers," or "Huskers" for short. I started this project probably 10 months ago, which isn't so bad as quilts go, but I have just had the worst time finding the motivation to finish it, I think because I'm just not a college football fan. Or maybe I'm not crazy about my design.






I'm also working on some coasters that I was inspired to make after reading "Bend the Rules Sewing," by Amy Karol. She had the (new to me) idea to use cotton flannel instead of interfacing in a number of her projects. So I've been making coasters like crazy (to give out as favors at my wedding), in addition to a couple of bags, which you can see here.

No comments: