Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yoga Gear


I have always liked activities that require some sort of "gear." For example, I tried golf, not so much for the sport itself, but because I really liked that there were special clothes and shoes. Ditto tennis (cute skirts!).

This is not, I admit, what attracted me to yoga, but I now realize that it too, offers opportunities for collecting gear. First, yoga pants are much more flattering than most workout clothes (especially in black). Second, yoga mats come in such lovely colors! Third, a fashion statement is just waiting to be made with a yoga mat carrier! There's a woman in my class that has a really cool one that was probably really expensive. The bags shown here are examples of some nice ones I found online. So, being the crafty person that I am, I have decided to make my own. A quick online search revealed a couple of patterns that might work.
1. Craftbits yoga carrier pattern
2. Pink of Perfection yoga mat carrier - this video blog is fun and covers lots of topics, from crafts, to entertaining, to cooking.

I will upload a photo when my bag is complete.

No comments: