Monday, September 22, 2008

Portsmouth Fun

Yesterday, Jon was racing in Portsmouth, NH, a town I love and have fond memories of, so we all went. Part of my motivation to go was so I could visit the most wonderful fabric store, Portsmouth Fabric Company. Oh, I love that place! I loved it before, when Mom and I used to meet in Portsmouth for the day when they lived in Maine. Now it's even better! They have tons of the gorgeous, large-scale, modern prints I’m so attracted to, like Amy Butler, etc.

I could spend hours there, but unfortunately Caroline was with me and she showed zero interest in the box of kids’ books they had. All she wanted to do was hop around on her hands and knees, loudly proclaiming that she was a frog. And begging, “Mommy, pick me up!” And get into things. I did manage to pick up a gorgeous pack of fat quarters and a book of free-motion quilting ideas. But I must go back when I have more time!

I also took a quick run around a store (can’t remember the name) that sold what appeared to be hand-made bags in all kinds of interesting fabric combinations. They had a few basic designs, and you could even buy a custom-made bag by choosing from one of the bag designs and then choosing fabric from a wall of swatches. What a cool idea!

No comments: