Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Underground Studio


Jill came over to sew today. After enjoying some homemade eggs and birthday cake courtesy of Caroline (and after Caroline was safe in her bed for a nap), we adjourned to the "underground studio" (aka, my basement) to work on our latest projects. The underground is quite cozy! Here's me:

And here's Jill:

Jill put the final touches on her wedding favors--a set of four coasters for each person/couple--and also put the outer border on a birthday quilt for her Grammie. I worked on my Bella bag and tested a pattern that I might use for the Moda Jelly Roll that I picked up recently. It's the Heritage collection by Howard Marcus (reproduction fabric--love them!).
For Jill's bachelorette party last weekend, the theme was "Isle of Belisle," so I made a set of tropical-theme coasters in honor of her coaster-making frenzy. I used a pattern given on the blog Allsorts. (Jill, there's the link for you!)

2 comments:

Jill B said...

There I am, caught in the act of stitching up a quick quilt for my Grammy! The Underground is definitely a most wonderful place to sew, to craft, and bicycle (if you happen to be so inclined).

jobones said...

I love these little coasters!!!